One of the best ways to love on a new mom is to help her out at mealtime. Here are five ideas that really hit the nail on the head when it comes to what a new mom needs in addition to the food.
1. Disposable containers. Try not to send your own dishes that new mom now has to label and worry about getting back to you in a timely fashion.
2. Include paper plates and napkins so there aren't any dishes to be done after the family eats.
3. Add a small activity (Play-Doh, coloring books, etc...) for any siblings so mom gets a little break and siblings feel loved on, too.
4. A note that says, "Don't you dare write me a thank you note!". As with the dishes in #1, new mom doesn't have time or energy to write a note. And it's often more stressful to try to keep a list of who needs to be thanked than it is to cook the meal herself.
5. Leave the meal at her doorstep. Text her when it's there. Let her receive just the meal so she isn't worried about how the house looks, what she is wearing, if she has showered, or saying "no" when someone asks to hold her newborn.
And know you are appreciated! New mom is tired, cranky, and maybe in pain. She needs your love.
Article written by Britt York.