Careers - Sr. UX Designer
About Baby Boxes
Since 1938, new parents in Finland have been sent home from the hospital with one unique, yet simple gift: A cardboard box.
Filled with newborn essentials, the boxes are also designed to be a baby’s first bed. Combined with pre-natal and post-natal care and education, the boxes are credited with drastically reducing infant mortality.
About The Baby Box Co.
We are bringing the Finnish model to the rest of the world by distributing FREE boxes filled with safe and useful products to new parents. We've rolled out Baby Box programs in New Jersey, Ohio, Alabama, Canada and the United Kingdom with more coming soon and we're on track to ship millions of boxes in 2017 and 2018 worldwide.
About Baby Box Tech
Although we are proud of our Baby Boxes, it’s the education, healthcare and community components of The Baby Box Co.’s global programs that are truly transformational.
So we're building Baby Box University, an online education platform that provides localized, expert-led educational videos to expecting parents. Our mission is to build a digital education platform that becomes the default destination for parents seeking information they can trust about raising happy, healthy babies.
We're doing the whole shebang on our mission to improve infant health outcomes worldwide.
- Frontend: HTML, CSS, ES7, React
- Backend: Node, FireBase, Google Cloud Platform
- Data: BigQuery, Data Science, Analytics, Advanced Visualization
- Physical: eCommerce, Distribution
- Digital: Consumer Content, B2B Portal, Video Pipeline, Media, Social
- Social Impact: Make a difference in infant health outcomes worldwide
- Ground Up: Build a new platform with the latest web & mobile tech
- Growth: Member of founding engineering team in growth phase
- Company: Medical and dental benefits, food, quiet office, friday BBQs
- Location: Hollywood, no battling that Santa Monica traffic
- Be the voice of the user - create optimal user flows, incorporating both qualitative and quantitative user feedback/data to define simple and intuitive user experiences.
- Drive the team to adopt a user focused design thinking mindset to solving problems
- Own an end to end design process from design concept to implementation to iterative improvement
- Translate UX briefs into annotated wireframes and final AI/PSD mockups at sufficient levels of detail for successful development
- Ability to lead/record/facilitate user testing, including ability to create paper/clickable prototypes to drive testing
- Manage workload and deliver creative requests within required timelines
- Support other business design needs (e.g., marketing, sales) as required
- Demonstrated proficiency and expertise in the field of user experience design
- Experience designing interactive experiences optimized for mobile
- Strong knowledge of front end design (HTML, CSS)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience using UX and design tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, Balsamiq, and usertesting.com in a professional setting
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, including creation of presentation materials
- BS/MS/BFA/MFA in a design related field
- 4+ years of work experience in a web/mobile design related role, ideally with agency experience
So if you're tired of working on yet another dating app or ad tech with no social impact then join us! We offer:
About the Position
The Sr. UX Designer at The Baby Box Co. will lead a team of highly skilled engineers and work with product and UX to build a next generation education platform from the ground up.
We Love to See
Please include a link to your portfolio and/or work samples in your application.