Tell us a little bit about yourself. Where are you from, when did you start your family, etc…?
My name is Clea. I'm 33, and I was born and raised in Los Angeles (yes, we exist!). We have a little girl named Stella Blue who is 4, and a little boy named Sutton Gray who just turned 1.
What are your new mom must-haves?
I have a ton of must-haves!
1) Aden + Anais lovey blankets - my daughter still sleeps with hers at 4 years-old.
2) Mamas and Papas Magic Stargazing Playmat - it has lights and songs and pedals that babies can kick.
3) Baby Bjorn Bouncer - by far the best bouncer out there and super portable.
4) Beco Baby Carrier - It's like an Ergo but babies can face outward as well.
5) The Honest Company Bundles - not having to think about diapers / wipes etc is amazing. Plus, it's exciting when the new designs come out and show up at your door.
What was the best part about being a new mom, for you?
Two sounds: A baby's laugh, and silence when a baby's sleeping.
What was the hardest part about being a new mom?
Sleep deprivation of course, but personally, breast feeding was really a challenge. Not because it was hard to do (I was lucky), but mentally it was a huge burden. I felt like I could never get away or even go the grocery store because the baby might need to eat. It was just very stressful for me since I was used to more independence.
What is your most trusted resource?
Zoloft. Kidding! Not kidding. I had really bad post partum and hormones post-pregnancy are REAL. Im not ashamed that I needed some extra help and new moms shouldn't be either. Other than that, I would say The Honest Company since you can buy literally every single thing you need through them.
Are there any key pieces of advice you would pass on to new moms?
Be proud of whatever you can do and whatever you manage on a daily basis. Don't be pressured to breastfeed or not breastfeed, to work or not work, to sleep train or co-sleep. Everyone is different and every child is different. So if you try to hold on to what you think is the right way to do things, you will just drive yourself crazy and end up disappointed.