You've painted the nursery, packed your bags, and picked your name - now where's your baby? Those last few weeks of pregnancy can really drag, especially when you're overdue. So what can you do to pass the time pleasantly and productively until labor day?
1. Fill your calendar. A lot of moms are hesitant to make plans close to their due dates for fear they'll have to cancel if they go into labor. But what if you don't go into labor? Then you may be stuck at home for weeks with no plans right when you most want to be distracted. Instead, plan some fun! Movie dates, spa trips, and dinners out will give you something to look forward to, and a welcome distraction from waiting to go into labor. And of course, if your little one does appear before you can use those concert tickets, your friends are sure to understand.
2. Finish a project. We all have partially-finished projects we've put on the shelf over the years, from a shoe box full of unsorted photos to a half-done cross-stitch. Let this be your chance to finish one! You'll feel great checking one nagging thing off your to-do list.
3. Get romantic. Schedule some romantic one-on-one time with your partner. This may be your last dose for candles and moonlight for awhile, so enjoy it!
4. Bond with your kids. If you already have little ones at home, now's the time to get in a little more quality time. Read an extra bedtime story, spend a little more time cuddling, take a (slow) walk around the park - the more time you can spend now, the more secure and comfortable they'll feel when their new sibling comes home.
5. Hit the kitchen. Not all third-trimester moms have the energy to cook, but if you're feeling up to it, this can be a great time for preparing and freezing meals. Make big batches of comfort foods like chili, soup, and casseroles now and you'll be grateful later.