About Baby Boxes
Where do I qualify to get a free Baby Box?
The Baby Box Co. is offering a universal Baby Box educational program in a growing number of regions. In order to redeem a free Baby Box you will need to:
- Register for a free education program where The Baby Box Co. Courses is active
- Complete a quiz covering health and safety topics in a brief video course
Here is where the universal baby box program is currently active. Please check back here for updates as we expand into additional regions.
- USA Statewide (shipping fees may apply): Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
- Canada (shipping fees may apply): All Provinces
- England (shipping fees may apply): Nationwide
- Wales (shipping fees may apply): Nationwide
- Republic of Ireland (shipping fees may apply): Limited
NOTE: We do not ship to Northern Ireland, Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO/DPO, PO Boxes, the Territories of the United States, or the Territories of Canada.
I signed up—why didn’t I get a Baby Box?
Joining The Baby Box Co. Courses is the first step to qualifying for a Baby Box.
You must complete a video education course for your region and pass the quiz to see your options to ship or pick up your box (availability varies by region).
How do most parents use the Baby Box?
Most parents use their Baby Box as a safe spot for baby to sleep at night. These parents generally keep their Baby Box on the ground right next to their bed.
Other parents use the Baby Box as a place for baby to relax or nap during the day; they often keep the Baby Box in the kitchen or living room and use it while they are in that room. Baby can rest safely while mom and dad are busy cooking, folding laundry, taking care of other kids, and so on. Once baby is too big for the Baby Box, it can be re-purposed as a storage box for toys, as a keepsake chest, or as a fun educational upcycling project!
How long will the baby be able to use the Baby Box?
It depends on how quickly your baby grows. In first world countries a majority of parents report use of their Baby Box as a primary sleep space for their child until approximately 5-6 months of age. In many of the developing countries where we distribute, infants receiving our Baby Boxes are malnourished and living in less-than-ideal conditions; these factors can contribute to slower development. We have found that children being raised in these more vulnerable communities tend to use their Baby Box until approximately 8 months of age. Our recommendation is for babies to cease using their Baby Box as a primary sleep space once they can pull themselves up independently. A baby who can roll, however, is perfectly safe inside his or her Baby Box, and the box will not tip over as long as it is on a sturdy surface.
What safety standard do Baby Boxes meet?
Our Baby Boxes meet or exceed all applicable tenets of the CPSC, Health Canada and EN standards.
Are there any special warnings for the Baby Box?
You can read The Baby Box Co.’s required warnings on the bottom exterior of every box. We also ask that you exercise common sense caution. This includes keeping the Baby Box away from open flame (though tests do show that it has a very safe, slow burn rate, which is in fact much lower than many other comparable sleeping spaces for infants). You should also not let the Baby Box get excessively wet. While you can easily wipe off spit-up, drool, or milk, the Baby Box should not be left out in the rain or placed in the bath. In addition, please do not transport the Baby Box while the baby is inside as this presents a tripping/falling hazard. Always keep the Baby Box on the floor or on a sturdy, wide surface such as the floor or a coffee table.
What is the mattress made of?
All of our mattresses are firm foam pads which have been independently certified by CertiPUR-US laboratories. Specifically, they adhere to the following:
- No PBDE flame retardants
- No prohibited phthalates
- No ozone depleters (CFCs)
- No mercury, lead or heavy metals
- No formaldehyde
We are dedicated to providing babies with a safe sleeping environment!
What are the care instructions for the sheets?
Wash your 100% cotton fitted sheets in warm (not hot) water, and then tumble dry on low. Do not dry clean, and if you iron the sheets, do not let the iron’s temperature exceed 110℃.
How do you choose the products that you include in your Baby Boxes?
We are obsessed with finding nothing but the very best products for parents! We’ve spent countless hours poring through all the research and vetting hundreds of products, so we know exactly what parents love and need the most. In addition, we always confer with the medical professionals on our Advisory Team before including a product. We are also constantly asking parents for feedback and suggestions. If you’re a parent with something to say, we’d love to hear your thoughts!
Why did my Baby Box come without a lid?
The Baby Box Co. is always looking for ways to better accommodate our families. We are no longer producing the lids to the boxes being distributed for free through The Baby Box Co. Courses program as feedback has been that the lids are not used by the majority of our families. This new approach also cuts down the costs of the box manufacturing, which enables us to produce more boxes and serve even more families. Please note that lids are NOT for use while baby is inside; the lids are solely intended for storage purposes.
ABOUT The Baby Box Co. Courses
What will I learn?
Videos cover topics relevant for all parents, like nutrition, sleep and child safety. There is also content for expectant parents about pregnancy and childbirth.
What do you mean by experts?
We partner with multiple healthcare organizations, and their qualified professionals teach our video courses. Examples include OB/GYNs, pediatricians, nurses, nutritionists and sleep therapists.
How long are the courses?
Each course is about 10 minutes long and consists of several 1 to 2 minute long parenting videos.
Is The Baby Box Co. Courses content only available in English?
The Baby Box Co. Courses has education in some regions that offer languages other than English. Depending on your area, your course may be available in Spanish, French, Arabic, Chinese, or Polish.
Can I take a course for a lifestage that is earlier or later than the lifestage my child is currently experiencing?
You are eligible to take any course that is within 3 months of your child’s age.
How long do the quizzes take?
Each quiz usually takes 3-5 minutes to complete, but you can go at your own pace.
Do I have to “pass” to get my reward?
To help you get the most benefit from your course, we’d like you to answer all the questions correctly. But you can take it as many times as you need to, there are no trick questions, and you can re-watch the videos to help you out.
Do the courses or quizzes cost money?
No! We will never charge for our courses, because we believe all parents and caregivers should have access to information they need to care for their kids.
How do I know what reward I will receive?
Our first course provides parents a free Baby Box. Additional courses and rewards are based on the developmental stage of your child. See our “Courses & Rewards” page for a complete list.
How do I get my reward?
Rewards are distributed nationally (excludes AK and HI) with free pickup at our partners or shipped to your home for a small fee. When you complete your quiz and claim your reward, you’ll see the pickup locations or shipping options for your location.
Does my reward include free shipping?
Shipping is available at a low cost if there are no pick up locations within 20 miles of your address. When you complete your quiz and claim your reward, you’ll see the pickup locations or shipping options for your location.
What new rewards will you be adding?
As we expand our partnerships, we may offer additional care products, or digital vouchers for free baby and toddler products and services.
What do you mean by ‘customized learning?’
As your child grows, we’ll send you expert information tailored to their age and development. Examples include what to expect at different milestones, problem-solving strategies, and how to handle key safety issues.
When will new courses become available?
We’re always teaming up with new healthcare partners and adding new content to our site. We’ll email you when we have new courses that are right for you.
How do I access new courses?
Follow the link in your email, or just login to your account at BabyBoxCo.com
Help family members, babysitters, daycare workers— EVERYONE—reduce your baby’s risk of SIDS and ensure a safe sleep area for your baby. Share these safe sleep messages with everyone who cares for your baby or for any baby younger than one year of age.
This sleep safety information is adapted from information provided by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health & Human Development.
What is the best way to reduce my baby’s risk for SIDs?
Placing your baby on his or her back to sleep for every sleep time is the very best way to reduce the risk of SIDS.
Will my baby choke on spit-up if placed on their back to sleep?
No. Healthy babies naturally swallow or cough up fluids – it’s a reflex all people have. Babies might actually clear fluids better when on their backs.
What if my baby rolls onto the stomach on his or her own during sleep? Do I need to put my baby in the back sleep position again if this happens?
No. Rolling over is an important and natural part of your baby’s growth. Most babies start rolling over on their own around four to six months of age. If your baby rolls over on his or her own during sleep, you do not need to turn the baby over onto his or her back. The important thing is that the baby start off every sleep time on his or her back to reduce the risk of SIDS, and that there is no soft, loose bedding in the baby’s sleep area.
Can I use a sleep positioner or wedge?
No. Sleep positioners and wedges are now considered suffocation hazards. Only a few years ago these were marketed as SIDS prevention devices, yet now they are known to be dangerous. If your baby spits up a lot or has been diagnosed with gastroesophageal reflux, you may consider raising the head of the Baby Box or crib mattress. Remember, nothing goes in the Baby Box or crib except the baby and a tight fitting crib sheet.
I like to sleep with my baby, especially when he or she needs to feed during the night. Is this safe?
Unfortunately, sleeping with your baby in the same bed, or “co-sleeping,” puts your baby at significant risk for suffocation. It is especially dangerous to sleep with your baby on a couch, a waterbed, or a bed with a comforter. Sadly, many babies die when they get wedged between a parent and a couch cushion or get their faces buried in bedding. Instead of co-sleeping, try using a Baby Box or bedside bassinet to make life easier when your baby wakes frequently in the night. Be sure that your baby’s bed is SIDS safe — many beds such as Moses baskets and beds with soft bedding and blankets are not safe.
I have a crib set with a bumper, blanket, stuffed animal, and other matching pieces. Is it safe?
No. Nothing should go in a sleeping space except the baby and a tight fitting crib sheet. The “crib sets” marketed by many retail stores include many unsafe items.
How long should my baby sleep on his or her back?
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that babies sleep on their backs until they are one year of age.
Make sure everyone who cares for your baby (includes grandparents, babysitters and childcare providers, older siblings, and others) knows how to reduce the risk of SIDS and other sleep-related dangers. They may think one time won’t matter, but it can. When a baby who usually sleeps on his back is suddenly laid on his stomach to sleep, the risk of SIDS is very high.
Shipping, Returns, Billing
What are your billing terms?
For purchases made via our website, we accept payment by credit card: VISA, MasterCard, or Discover; and PayPal.
What are your shipping and handling terms?
We ship primarily via USPS, UPS, FedEx or LTL based on our selection.
Purchases can be shipped to the contiguous United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territory, APO/FPO, and PO Box destinations are not included. Wholesale orders and rates to Canada and the UK are based on shipping destination and product.
What is your return and refund policy?
- We do not accept returns for rewards program. For purchases, our policy is good for 30 days.
- If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, we unfortunately cannot offer you a refund or exchange.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
- To return your product, please contact us for the ship-to address.
- We will provide a return label with a Flat Rate Fee to return your goods to us.
- Once your return is received and inspected, your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment less the shipping charge.
Sweepstakes Official Rules
The Baby Box Co.’s Little Toes Sweepstakes Official Rules (“Rules”)
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
- Eligibility: To be eligible to enter The Baby Box Co.’s Little Toes Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), you must:
- Be a legal resident of the United States,
- Be age 18 years or older,
- Not be an employee, officer, director, member, manager, or agent of The Baby Box Company (“Baby Box”) or Little Toes (“Sponsor”), or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, officers, directors, managers, members, trustees, franchisees, participating vendors, distributors, judges, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities (all of the foregoing collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) or an immediate family member (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) or a household member (whether or not related) of any of the Sweepstakes Entities, and
- Fully comply with and meet all other requirements described in these Rules.
- Agreement, Representation and Warranty: By entering, you
- Agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules and to accept all decisions of Baby Box as final and binding as they relate to this Sweepstakes,
- Represent and warrant that you meet all requirements described in the Rules,
- Acknowledge that the Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, and
- Understand that you are providing information to Baby Box and Sponsor and not to Facebook.
- Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting January 31, 2019 and ending February 2 2019. All online entries must be received by midnight PST on February 2 2019.
- How to Enter: To enter, Follow both @thebabybox and @littletoespure on Instagram. Like our giveaway post. Tag a friend in the comments section by February 2 2019. All entries will be shared to the Baby Box Co’s Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/thebabyboxco). You and your entry must fulfill all requirements in these Rules to be eligible to win. Entries that are incomplete, made before the Start Date or after the End Date or do not adhere to the Rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Baby Box. Baby Box reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or otherwise violates the Rules. Entries may be subject to verification prior to Prize drawing and/or award. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for entries that are processed late, or subject to other technical problems.
You may enter only once.
- Random Drawing: the 3 winners will be chosen from all eligible entries in a random drawing that will be conducted on February 2 2019.
- Prize: The winners who are chosen will receive (1) of the following Little Toes products: a Weekender Diaper Bag, a 36 Pack of Little Toes Naturally Hypoallergenic and Compostable Premium Bamboo diapers, or a Poop Happens Diaper Changing Kit. The actual/appraised value may differ at time of the award. The specifics of the Prize shall be solely determined by Baby Box, which reserves the right to substitute cash and/or other goods of equal or greater value for the Prize. No cash or other substitution shall be permitted except at Baby Box’s sole discretion.
The Prize is nontransferable. Any and all Prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for Baby Box and/or the Sponsor to use the winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Announcement: Baby Box will contact the winner within 3 days of the drawing. The Sweepstakes Entities shall have no liability for the winner’s failure to check the Baby Box Facebook page or to receive communications for any reason, including technical issues such as privacy, spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for the winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
If winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the Prize within 30 days from the time the award was announced, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Receipt by winner of the Prize is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER MAY RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights You are Granting: By entering, you understand and agree that Baby Box and/or Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Baby Box or Sponsor, and Baby Box or Sponsor licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Additional Baby Box Rights: Baby Box reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Baby Box’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Baby Box may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Baby Box.
- RELEASE: By entering, you release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and Facebook from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) your participation in the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; and (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, the parties agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and all causes of action arising out of or related to this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Los Angeles, California having jurisdiction.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Under no circumstances will the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for any amount in excess of the value of the Prize stated above. Under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.