Opt-in to receive Email from The Baby Box Company including news, promotions and educational content. You can unsubscribe from these messages at any time!
Careers - Accounting Associate
About Baby Boxes
Since 1938, new parents in Finland have been sent home from the hospital with one unique, yet simple gift: A cardboard box.
Filled with newborn essentials, the boxes are also designed to be a baby’s first bed. Combined with pre-natal and post-natal care and education, the boxes are credited with drastically reducing infant mortality.
About The Baby Box Co.
We are bringing the Finnish model to the rest of the world by distributing FREE boxes filled with safe and useful products to new parents. We've rolled out Baby Box programs in New Jersey, Ohio, Alabama, Canada and the United Kingdom with more coming soon and we're on track to ship millions of boxes in 2017 and 2018 worldwide.
About the Position
The Accounting Associate will be responsible for the day-to-day tasks of the accounting function, including but not limited to: AR, AP, Cash Management, GL, Inventory, Payroll, and Benefits.
- Preparing bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Processing all AP including invoices, payments, credits, and any other adjustments. Ability to manage a heavy volume of transactions per week.
- Processing all AR including invoicing, cash receipts, credits, and any other adjustments. Ability to manage a heavy volume of transactions per week.
- 3-way matching of inventory purchases (POs, invoices, and receipts) and working with the appropriate departments and vendors to investigate and resolve variances especially related to the costing of inventory.
- Booking GL entries such as prepaids and accruals.
- Managing the HR process from onboarding to terminations.
- Processing biweekly payroll for 20+ employees, both exempt and non-exempt including the calculation of hourly pay, commissions, bonuses, and monthly accruals.
- Creating and maintaining supporting schedules for balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Providing support to the Executives and Controller with ad hoc requests.
- Able to adapt to a fast paced, startup environment.
- Willingness to learn and grow into the position.
- Undergraduate degree and/or Associates degree preferably in Accounting
- 1-3 years of accounting experience in an ecommerce, wholesale, and/or retail environment preferred.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting concepts, especially accrual basis accounting.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and prioritize in a dynamic environment.
- Must be highly detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain business partner relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Month end close experience.
- Proficient in Excel and Word; QuickBooks knowledge a plus.
To apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org