Opt-in to receive Email from The Baby Box Company including news, promotions and educational content. You can unsubscribe from these messages at any time!
Careers - Accounting Associate
Since 1938, new parents in Finland have been sent home from the hospital with one unique, yet simple gift: A cardboard box. Filled with newborn essentials, the boxes are also designed to be a baby’s first bed. Combined with pre-natal and post-natal care and education, the boxes are credited with drastically reducing infant mortality. The Baby Box Co. is an innovative educational program equipping parents with resources to give their babies a safe start in life.
- The baby box was invented in Finland which has one of the lowest infant mortality rates in the world.
- Starting as an e-commerce business, The Baby Box Co. has evolved to wholesale and are now reimagining themselves as a free online education platform for parents, Baby Box University.
- Baby Box Co. has garnered serious attention by distributing FREE baby boxes with safe and useful products to parents in certain markets, a program that will continue to expand.
About the Position
The Accounting Associate will be responsible for the day-to-day tasks of the accounting function, including but not limited to: AR, AP, Cash Management, GL, Inventory, Payroll, and Benefits.
- Preparing bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Processing all AP including invoices, payments, credits, and any other adjustments. Ability to manage a heavy volume of transactions per week.
- Processing all AR including invoicing, cash receipts, credits, and any other adjustments. Ability to manage a heavy volume of transactions per week.
- 3-way matching of inventory purchases (POs, invoices, and receipts) and working with the appropriate departments and vendors to investigate and resolve variances especially related to the costing of inventory.
- Booking GL entries such as prepaids and accruals.
- Managing the HR process from onboarding to terminations.
- Processing biweekly payroll for 20+ employees, both exempt and non-exempt including the calculation of hourly pay, commissions, bonuses, and monthly accruals.
- Creating and maintaining supporting schedules for balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Providing support to the Executives and Controller with ad hoc requests.
- Able to adapt to a fast paced, startup environment.
- Willingness to learn and grow into the position.
- Undergraduate degree and/or Associates degree preferably in Accounting
- 1-3 years of accounting experience in an ecommerce, wholesale, and/or retail environment preferred.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting concepts, especially accrual basis accounting.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and prioritize in a dynamic environment.
- Must be highly detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain business partner relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Month end close experience.
- Proficient in Excel and Word; QuickBooks knowledge a plus.
To apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org