Opt-in to receive Email from The Baby Box Company including news, promotions and educational content. You can unsubscribe from these messages at any time!
Careers - Data Analyst
About Baby Boxes
Since 1938, new parents in Finland have been sent home from the hospital with one unique, yet simple gift: A cardboard box.
Filled with newborn essentials, the boxes are also designed to be a baby’s first bed. Combined with pre-natal and post-natal care and education, the boxes are credited with drastically reducing infant mortality.
About The Baby Box Co.
We are bringing the Finnish model to the rest of the world by distributing FREE boxes filled with safe and useful products to new parents. We've rolled out Baby Box programs in New Jersey, Ohio, Alabama, Canada and the United Kingdom with more coming soon and we're on track to ship millions of boxes in 2017 and 2018 worldwide.
About Baby Box Tech
Although we are proud of our Baby Boxes, it’s the education, healthcare and community components of The Baby Box Co.’s global programs that are truly transformational.
So we're building Baby Box University, an online education platform that provides localized, expert-led educational videos to expecting parents. Our mission is to build a digital education platform that becomes the default destination for parents seeking information they can trust about raising happy, healthy babies.
We're doing the whole shebang on our mission to improve infant health outcomes worldwide.
- Frontend: HTML, CSS, ES7, React
- Backend: Node, FireBase, Google Cloud Platform
- Data: BigQuery, Data Science, Analytics, Advanced Visualization
- Physical: eCommerce, Distribution
- Digital: Consumer Content, B2B Portal, Video Pipeline, Media, Social
- Social Impact: Make a difference in infant health outcomes worldwide
- Ground Up: Build a new platform with the latest web & mobile tech
- Growth: Member of founding engineering team in growth phase
- Company: Medical and dental benefits, food, quiet office, friday BBQs
- Location: Hollywood, no battling that Santa Monica traffic
- Work closely with both business stakeholders and internal technology resources to gather and collect data from disparate data sources.
- Produce reports, analyses, and visualizations using virtualized and physical data sources.
- Query, transform, and manipulate data from multiple data sources and formats in order to create these reports.
- Create visualizations using BI tools and participate in data analyses
- Responsible for developing clean, maintainable and source-controlled queries and reports.
- SQL: Expert-level experience with SQL querying and tuning.
- Data Visualization experience with Tableau, Domo, PowerBI and/or other visualization tools.
- Data Analysis experience with SQL and Excel
- Great communicator who can understand and interpret business requirements.
- Ability to proactively find new tasks and new ways to solve problems
- Must communicate effectively with team members, managers, and people in other areas of the organization
- Data Science and analysis using Python and R
So if you're tired of working on yet another dating app or ad tech with no social impact then join us! We offer:
The Data Analyst, you will work closely with both business stakeholders and technology to drive our analysis initiatives company-wide.