Opt-in to receive Email from The Baby Box Company including news, promotions and educational content. You can unsubscribe from these messages at any time!
Careers - Engineer
Since 1938, new parents in Finland have been sent home from the hospital with one unique, yet simple gift: A cardboard box. Filled with newborn essentials, the boxes are also designed to be a baby’s first bed. Combined with pre-natal and post-natal care and education, the boxes are credited with drastically reducing infant mortality. The Baby Box Co. is an innovative educational program equipping parents with resources to give their babies a safe start in life.
- The baby box was invented in Finland which has one of the lowest infant mortality rates in the world.
- Starting as an e-commerce business, The Baby Box Co. has evolved to wholesale and are now reimagining themselves as a free online education platform for parents, Baby Box University.
- Baby Box Co. has garnered serious attention by distributing FREE baby boxes with safe and useful products to parents in certain markets, a program that will continue to expand.
THE OPPORTUNITY: ENGINEER
We're looking for a Software Engineer to help us build the leading education platform for expectant parents. This individual will have the highest standards for the code they write, and feel responsible from sketch to launch.
- Develop web and mobile technology products for The Baby Box Co.
- Own significant features start-to- finish in a startup environment.
- Contribute to architectural and technology direction.
- Leverage the languages, tools, and technologies that are the best fit for each project.
- React/Redux, ES6+
- Node.js, Express, Google AppEngine
- Firebase, Google Cloud Platform
- EDUCATION: CS Degree or related field.
- EXPERIENCE: 2+ years of hands-on web software development experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following platforms: React, Angular, Node.js.
- Desire to be mentored and willingness to go the extra mile to learn in and out of work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with team members and stakeholders.
To apply, contact us at email@example.com and include the title in your subject line