Opt-in to receive Email from The Baby Box Company including news, promotions and educational content. You can unsubscribe from these messages at any time!
Careers - Lead Engineer
Since 1938, new parents in Finland have been sent home from the hospital with one unique, yet simple gift: A cardboard box. Filled with newborn essentials, the boxes are also designed to be a baby’s first bed. Combined with pre-natal and post-natal care and education, the boxes are credited with drastically reducing infant mortality. The Baby Box Co. is an innovative educational program equipping parents with resources to give their babies a safe start in life.
- The baby box was invented in Finland which has one of the lowest infant mortality rates in the world.
- Starting as an e-commerce business, The Baby Box Co. has evolved to wholesale and are now reimagining themselves as a free online education platform for parents, Baby Box University.
- Baby Box Co. has garnered serious attention by distributing FREE baby boxes with safe and useful products to parents in certain markets, a program that will continue to expand.
THE OPPORTUNITY: LEAD ENGINEER
We're looking for a Lead Engineer who will manage a team of highly skilled engineers and work with product and UX to architect and build a next generation education platform from the ground up. This individual knows what it takes to create great consumer facing applications, and knows what it takes to build what our users need.
- Lead the software engineering team for The Baby Box Co.
- Lead department-wide architecture, standards and technology direction.
- Ensure stable systems in a high-traffic production environment.
- Own significant projects start-to- finish in a startup environment.
- Mentor and guide engineering team in best practices and technical design.
- React/Redux, ES6+
- Node.js, Express, Google AppEngine
- Firebase, Google Cloud Platform
- EDUCATION: CS Degree or related field.
- EXPERIENCE: 6+ years of hands-on web software development experience.
- 2+ years of lead experience including current role.
- Experience working with design and product teams to take a product from concept through to delivery.
- A track record of building scalable, highly trafficked web applications.
- Experience building web solutions for all screen sizes.
- Experience with React, Redux, Node.js, or Firebase highly preferred.
- Must communicate effectively in English with team members, managers, and people in other areas of the organization in a fast-paced startup environment.
To apply, contact us at email@example.com and include the title in your subject line