Opt-in to receive Email from The Baby Box Company including news, promotions and educational content. You can unsubscribe from these messages at any time!
Careers - Manager, IT (Distribution)
Since 1938, new parents in Finland have been sent home from the hospital with one unique, yet simple gift: A cardboard box. Filled with newborn essentials, the boxes are also designed to be a baby’s first bed. Combined with pre-natal and post-natal care and education, the boxes are credited with drastically reducing infant mortality. The Baby Box Co. is an innovative educational program equipping parents with resources to give their babies a safe start in life.
- The baby box was invented in Finland which has one of the lowest infant mortality rates in the world.
- Starting as an e-commerce business, The Baby Box Co. has evolved to wholesale and are now reimagining themselves as a free online education platform for parents, Baby Box University.
- Baby Box Co. has garnered serious attention by distributing FREE baby boxes with safe and useful products to parents in certain markets, a program that will continue to expand.
THE OPPORTUNITY: MANGER, IT (DISTRIBUTION)
Baby Box is looking to hire a self-starting, results oriented technology leader who enjoys the challenge of building out rather than simply maintaining information technology infrastructure. The ideal candidate will bring expertise in ERP, Warehouse Management, Supply Chain and eCommerce systems. The candidate will be responsible for our Distribution IT systems and implement brand new processes and technologies from the ground up.
- Own and lead the ongoing development of ERP, Warehouse Management and Supply Chain Systems.
- Collaborate with all parts of the business to identify technology workflow challenges and suggest solutions to optimize workflow and business operations.
- Continuously identify technology needs and implement them into the roadmap.
- Provide ongoing configuration and optimization of ERP and Distribution partner applications.
- Work with both external and internal resources as available to drive projects to completion.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree (CS degree preferred). Advanced degree a plus.
- EXPERIENCE: 5-8+ years of progressive technology experience in a company with physical inventory. At least 2 years in a leadership/management role.
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience in ERP or Warehouse Management Software (either administration or implementation) in Order or Inventory Management.
- Experience with eCommerce systems such as Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce or DemandWare.
- Experience with Fishbowl Inventory a strong plus.
- Experience with Financial systems such as Quickbooks.
- Have strong project management skills working with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Have strong communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Comfortable and able to work effectively with both technical and non-technical teams to drive business growth.
To apply, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title in your subject line