Opt-in to receive Email from The Baby Box Company including news, promotions and educational content. You can unsubscribe from these messages at any time!
Careers - Manager, QA Engineering
Since 1938, new parents in Finland have been sent home from the hospital with one unique, yet simple gift: A cardboard box. Filled with newborn essentials, the boxes are also designed to be a baby’s first bed. Combined with pre-natal and post-natal care and education, the boxes are credited with drastically reducing infant mortality. The Baby Box Co. is an innovative educational program equipping parents with resources to give their babies a safe start in life.
- The baby box was invented in Finland which has one of the lowest infant mortality rates in the world.
- Starting as an e-commerce business, The Baby Box Co. has evolved to wholesale and are now reimagining themselves as a free online education platform for parents, Baby Box University.
- Baby Box Co. has garnered serious attention by distributing FREE baby boxes with safe and useful products to parents in certain markets, a program that will continue to expand.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Manager, QA Engineering
We are looking for a Manager, QA Engineering to join a high performing engineering team and head up the QA function. This role will be a hands on leadership position responsible for owning the existing QA stack. In addition to the immediate challenges, there is also opportunity to progress and build the in-house QA team.
- Lead a team of 5 near-shore automation and functional web QA engineers.
- Develop & manage QA process and project in conjunction with team.
- Own test automation codebase and overall functional code quality.
- Work with CTO & Director of Product on Release Management and Continuous Test Improvement.
- Ensure systems are stable and functional in a high-traffic production environment.
- Develop automation against new features and functionality in Baby Box systems.
- Write and review concise and effective test cases against features.
- CircleCI Continuous Integration
- Zephyr Test Management
- EDUCATION: CS Degree or related field.
- EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of hands-on web software QA experience.
- 2+ years of lead experience including current role.
- Expertise in various test automation frameworks such as Selenium, WebDriver, NightWatch, Jest, Mocha, Cucumber and/or Capybara.
- Expertise in working with development, product and UX in developing functional Test cases and coverage.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues within the overall system to pinpoint defects.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL) as well as NoSQL databases (Firebase) and designing queries used for automation and troubleshooting.
- Must communicate effectively in English with team members, managers, and people in other areas of the organization in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience working with near-shore QA teams, fluent in Spanish a plus.
To apply, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title in your subject line