Opt-in to receive Email from The Baby Box Company including news, promotions and educational content. You can unsubscribe from these messages at any time!
Careers - Sr. Data Engineer
Since 1938, new parents in Finland have been sent home from the hospital with one unique, yet simple gift: A cardboard box. Filled with newborn essentials, the boxes are also designed to be a baby’s first bed. Combined with pre-natal and post-natal care and education, the boxes are credited with drastically reducing infant mortality. The Baby Box Co. is an innovative educational program equipping parents with resources to give their babies a safe start in life.
- The baby box was invented in Finland which has one of the lowest infant mortality rates in the world.
- Starting as an e-commerce business, The Baby Box Co. has evolved to wholesale and are now reimagining themselves as a free online education platform for parents, Baby Box University.
- Baby Box Co. has garnered serious attention by distributing FREE baby boxes with safe and useful products to parents in certain markets, a program that will continue to expand.
THE OPPORTUNITY: SR. DATA ENGINEER
The Baby Box Company is looking for a Sr. Data Engineer to help lead our data architecture and management. This person will have the flexibility to identify and leverage the languages, tools, and technologies that are the best fit for the task in our pursuit to help lower infant mortality rates across the globe and build the leading education platform for expectant parents.
- Architect and develop Data technology solutions for The Baby Box Co.
- Manage the Baby Box Data Warehouse Technology and Data Science Tools.
- Work in a startup environment where you will have the experience and flexibility to use the right technologies for the project.
- Mentor and guide junior and mid-level engineers in best practices, solution and technical design.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or related field.
- EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of hands-on data engineering/architecture experience.
- Expertise in querying with SQL in several dialects and relational database engines.
- Expertise in ETL and Data management in both batch and streaming architectures.
- Experience in several non-relational technologies including JSON, document-oriented and distributed databases.
- Understanding of Data Science techniques and systems including R, Python and visualization tools such as Tableau or Google Data Studio.
- Understanding of architectural and systems engineering concepts including: separation of concerns, HTTP and distributed systems, front-end frameworks, MVC pattern architecture and design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with team members and stakeholders.
To apply, contact us at email@example.com and include the title in your subject line