Opt-in to receive Email from The Baby Box Company including news, promotions and educational content. You can unsubscribe from these messages at any time!
Careers - Sr. UX Designer
Since 1938, new parents in Finland have been sent home from the hospital with one unique, yet simple gift: A cardboard box. Filled with newborn essentials, the boxes are also designed to be a baby’s first bed. Combined with pre-natal and post-natal care and education, the boxes are credited with drastically reducing infant mortality. The Baby Box Co. is an innovative educational program equipping parents with resources to give their babies a safe start in life.
- The baby box was invented in Finland which has one of the lowest infant mortality rates in the world.
- Starting as an e-commerce business, The Baby Box Co. has evolved to wholesale and are now reimagining themselves as a free online education platform for parents, Baby Box University.
- Baby Box Co. has garnered serious attention by distributing FREE baby boxes with safe and useful products to parents in certain markets, a program that will continue to expand.
About the Position
The Sr. UX Designer at The Baby Box Co. will lead a team of highly skilled engineers and work with product and UX to build a next generation education platform from the ground up.
- Be the voice of the user - create optimal user flows, incorporating both qualitative and quantitative user feedback/data to define simple and intuitive user experiences.
- Drive the team to adopt a user focused design thinking mindset to solving problems
- Own an end to end design process from design concept to implementation to iterative improvement
- Translate UX briefs into annotated wireframes and final AI/PSD mockups at sufficient levels of detail for successful development
- Ability to lead/record/facilitate user testing, including ability to create paper/clickable prototypes to drive testing
- Manage workload and deliver creative requests within required timelines
- Support other business design needs (e.g., marketing, sales) as required
- Demonstrated proficiency and expertise in the field of user experience design
- Experience designing interactive experiences optimized for mobile
- Strong knowledge of front end design (HTML, CSS)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience using UX and design tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, Balsamiq, and usertesting.com in a professional setting
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, including creation of presentation materials
We Love to See
- BS/MS/BFA/MFA in a design related field
- 4+ years of work experience in a web/mobile design related role, ideally with agency experience
Please include a link to your portfolio and/or work samples in your application.
To apply, contact us at email@example.com and include the title in your subject line